Have you heard of aquabiking? Chances are that you have at least one friend who exercises in this manner. But have you ever tried it yourself?
People of all ages and fitness levels can benefit from aquabiking – it’s tough on fat and cellulite, but remains easy on your joints. To give you a picture of the workout, imagine riding a bicycle in the water, sculpting your muscles and reaping all the benefits of a regular cycling workout – and all while staying cool and comfortable. Let’s go over a few of the benefits that aquabiking can offer you!
Aquabiking Knows No Age Limit
As long as you have the mobility to get into the water and get onto the bike, you can enjoy aquabiking. This makes it a great option for young and old alike – the zero-gravity environment is much easier on your joints, which will keep the young people’s joints in good condition, and will not harm older people’s joints. Of course, this doesn’t mean that aquabiking is just an easy, non-effective workout: You can adjust the level of resistance on the bike and get a workout perfectly tailored to your abilities. Furthermore, it offers all the same benefits of biking with the added resistance of the water. Now that’s something we can all work with.
It’s Fun and Effective
When you’re aquabiking, you’ll feel like you’re swimming, biking, and having a great time all at once. And that’s probably because that’s exactly what you’re doing. If you enroll in a class with an energetic instructor, time will fly by quickly, and before you know it, you’ll be finished with your workout – but you won’t feel like you’ve just endured a terribly long sweat session. Many places cite that you can burn between 300 to 500 calories an hour, so you’re definitely making yourself work. The best part? You won’t feel yourself sweating while you’re in the water. You’ll work up a sweat and get your heart rate racing, but you’ll do it all while seated on a comfortable bike in a refreshing pool.
Ready to Try Aquabiking?
If you’re convinced you’d like to try aquabiking, look for classes near you. It’s somewhat of a recent development, but facilities are catching on. All you need to bring is your bathing suit (and a bathing cap, if required) and get ready to shape and tone your thighs, abs, and calves in the cool waters of your local pool.
The ten got to haves to keep you glamorous. When it comes to looking our best, women have what it takes. From our head to our toes, we know how to accent ourselves to show off every inch of our beauty. However, this does not magically happen (though I would like to be able to wiggle my nose and have the perfect complexion every morning). Here are 10 things that every woman needs in her makeup wardrobe.
- Cleansing Pads- There are several different brands available, and as much as some would disagree the function is pretty much the same. If it removes dirt and leaves your face clean it is effective.
- Lipstick- Make sure that the color highlights your features and does not stand as a clash with your natural beauty. Put two in your arsenal; one natural shade and a darker shade for the evening.
- Eyeliner- Every woman needs to have some eyeliner. As women well know, we talk with our eyes as much as we do with our lips. If your skin tone is light be sure not to choose too dark of a color as you could come across as gothic (unless of course you are going for that look). If your complexion is dark avoid colors that are too light as you could come across looking as a clown.
- Cover-up- Ideally, there would never be days when we have a blemish on our cute little faces. A red spot here or a zit that appears there does not have to be the end of the world.
- Tweezers- Ensure that you never have a stray hair.
- Hand held nail buffer- Ranging in styles and size one can find a buffer suited to her needs. It is important that the hands look as delicate as the face.
- Eye shadow- Ensure that you have shades for both the morning and for the afternoon. Apply darker shades in the evening (or if you really want to enhance your visual expressions).
- Nail Polish- Do not go overboard here ladies. One or two bottles is sufficient to obtain the look needed. Whatever the shade of your eye shadow, the nail polish needs to compliment.
- Lip balm- This serves differently from your lipstick or lip gloss. It does no good to have pretty lips if they are dried out. There are occasions when one needs to keep those lips moist.
- Breath mints- Often overlooked a simple mint can change the whole situation. A pretty face can be easily turned into rejection if one’s breath is unappealing.
These 10 things every woman needs in her makeup wardrobe can be found at any store. Where the prices and quality vary, any woman who adds these things to her wardrobe will be greatly benifited.
Playing with the color of your eyes can be a lot of fun, but how do you choose the right colored contacts to get the job done? With so many options, you can easily become overwhelmed when trying to find the right set. However, there are a couple things that you can consider before you buy; and as a result, you stand a better chance of looking and feeling your best.
Natural or Not?
It’s important for you to first think about whether or not you want to use naturally colored contacts. There are several artificial colors and even some fun designs from which to choose (see Brightcolorcontacts website for examples). It might be helpful for you to try on several different types before you buy, or at least try to imagine how practical your decision might be. If you find yourself in doubt, then opt for a natural color and experiment later once you have a better idea of what you want.
Hair Color Considerations
The color of your hair plays a huge role in how good your colored contacts will look in your eyes. Depending on the look you are wanting, you may want to opt for a color that accentuates your eye color and style. Darker colors are good for mysterious and exotic looks while lighter colors are great for fresh and adorable appearance. In essence, choosing the right colored contacts takes a wise consideration of your current and future hair colors.
Mind your Skin
Your skin tone matters for more than what kind of clothes look good on you. The type of colored contacts you choose will play with the undertones of your skin. Because of this, it is important that you choose a colored contact that does not wash you out or make your look appear to be too intense. Finding balance is a key component to choosing the right colored contacts for your beautiful eyes.
Makeup Mash Up
How you plan on wearing your makeup is important to the colored contacts you choose as well. If you plan to wear more natural makeup, then your eyes should reflect that. However, if you like to play with your look then opting for more adventurous colors may be in your best interest. At the end of the day, only you know what looks good on you. To choose the right colored contacts, think long and hard about how you want to appear to the world; and then go for it!
Your eyes are the windows to your soul. They convey our emotions, our intentions, and sometimes our secrets. Understanding the benefits of making your eyes pop is essential to proper communication; but it never hurts to accentuate your peepers in such a way that accentuates their natural beauty.
Use Concealer the Right Way
Using concealer to mask dark circles and puffiness will help make your eyes pop. Try applying a concealer that is one shade lighter than your base makeup. Put it on in little dabs, blending it with your fingertips. Wait for it to dry and then apply your regular makeup as usual. This will help brighten your expression without making you look like you’re trying too hard.
Eye Shadow should be Complementary, not Supplementary
When you wear eye shadow, be sure that you use a shade that is complementary to your eye color and skin tone. Not every shade looks good on every eye lid. Try using eye shadow that comes in a set, so that you know you’re getting colors that coordinate well together. In addition, you don’t want to use too much eye shadow in an effort to supplement your dull eyes. The idea is to use your eye shadow to bring out the natural color of your eyes and skin; so less is usually more.
Walk the Line
Eyeliner can be a good thing, but if it is used incorrectly it can make your eyes look dull and unassuming. Try to line your eyes in such a way that accentuates their natural shape. If you have large eyes, then obviously lining them would make them pop more so than leaving them bare. On the contrary, smaller eyes should be left unlined and should be accented with lightly colored eye shadows, especially near the inner eye and up towards the brow line. Understanding how to properly wear eyeliner based on your individual eye shape is essential to making your eyes look their best.
Don’t forget about your eyebrows! Not only are there supposed to be two of them, but both should be well groomed at all times. A nice arch will give your eyes an attractive appearance; and it is easy to accomplish with a set of tweezers or a wax kit. If you want your eyes to pop, make sure they’re topped off with some gorgeous brows.